I am a huge Star Trek fan, and I am very eagerly looking forward to this game. They have playtest registration in August, and if they have playtest packets and adventures by September, it could be that I would like to try running this system. Maybe as a Ragnarok Group thing, or in Thursday one-shot opportunities. System looks like it has potential — sounds like the narrative style that I really love but with the back-end crunch for players to keep it interesting beyond the first dozen games. Basically, Edge of the Empire but without issues for color-blind GMs, which makes sense, since the same guy that designed Star Wars Edge of the Empire (Jay Little) is designing the Star Trek implementation of the 2d20 system. 🙂
Links to find out more:
- Modiphius’ Chris Birch Talks About The New STAR TREK ADVENTURE GAME! http://www.enworld.org/forum/content.php?3573-Modiphius-Chris-Birch-Talks-About-The-New-STAR-TREK-ADVENTURE-GAME!
- After Over A Decade, Here Comes A Brand New STAR TREK RPG! http://www.enworld.org/forum/content.php?3570-After-Over-A-Decade-
2d20 For Infinity | UbiquitousRat.net http://ubiquitousrat.net/?p=2857
- A review/description of Modiphius’ 2d20 system, the engine for their new CONAN https://plus.google.com/+GregGorgonmilk/posts/5JS4A98kknH
- New Star Trek RPG Coming from Modiphius! https://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?786364-New-Star-Trek-RPG-Coming-from-Modiphius!
Star Trek 2d20 rules will be slightly different, but to get a taste of the system and for the Star Trek production values, check this out:
- INFINITY RPG FREE Quickstart – Modiphius | Free Products | INFINITY | RPGNow.com http://www.rpgnow.com/product/159673/INFINITY-RPG-FREE-Quickstart
I saw this product come out as well and am very interested. It looks very playable.
I’m so jazzed!