I’ve been keeping tabs on my ‘RPG Bucket List’ for a few years. I just added two more items to the bucket list:
- Play ‘The Extraordinary Adventures of Baron Munchausen‘. Sort of a Fiasco, one-shot party game.
- Play ‘Primetime Adventures‘. This is Fiasco-style story game with light mechanics. Would be great for a 1 or 2 hour campaign that would run as a pre-game for evening games or as a b-campaign.
Here are some videos describing the above:
I updated my bucket list to check off the following items which I’ve done in the last two years. Wow, I’m really making progress!
- Develop and publish a GM toolkit (DONE).
- Develop RPG Convention tournaments or contests (DONE).
- Help with an RPG Convention (DONE).
- Run a campaign that starts at level 1 and hits at least level 10 (DONE).
- Play the same character for more than a year (haven’t done this since the 80’s) (DONE).
- Run a licensed game campaign that made people go “This feels like playing the Show.” (DONE).
- Run a Star Wars campaign (DONE).
- Play or run a Middle Earth Lord of the Rings roleplaying campaign such as 1st or 2nd Edition MERP (Middle Earth Roleplaying, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Middle-earth_Role_Playing), or The One Ring (now in print, Cubicle 7 http://www.cubicle7.co.uk/our-games/the-one-ring/) or D&D 5e with custom backgrounds (DONE).
Design an interesting, original magic item (DONE, the clock-ticking-down demon sword in a 1st Age Redmark game).
- Play or run classic D&D modules which I’ve never played starting with the UK series: The Sinister Secret of Saltmarsh (DONE), When A Star Falls, Bone Hill (DONE) and Nights Dark Terror; then on to Dwellers of the Forbidden City, The Hidden Shrine of Tamochan, The Forgotten Temple of Tharzidun, Against the Cult of the Reptile God (DONE), Scourge of the Slave Lords (A1-4), The Lost City, Queen of Spiders (G1-3, D1-3, Q1), and just maybe (with a character I don’t mind losing) Tomb of Horrors (S1).
Really good list. Love the Middle Earth setting by cubicle 7. Hope to do an entire campaign in that setting one day. Maybe even run something.