Had our kickoff session last night. Six folks attended. First we created our ‘Campaign Charter’. We used 3×5 notecards this time and it worked great! Fast and very collaborative.
The next part of the session involved each of us taking an planet which had no canon description and fleshing out ideas for what was on that world: it’s biome, history, key features, etc. Lots of great story seeds. Our sandbox style of campaign will draw story in part from character obligations and backstory.
Lastly, we did character generation. We came up with five characters, with Jeff still mulling over a few character concepts:
- Leo Charaka (John) — Cathar (cat-man) character who is a scholar and a clone.
- Cornelius Vaan (Emory) — Human with a obligation to Bambo the Hutt.
- Dredge Myolnon (Alex) — Force-sensitive human.
- Daymont Syko (Mason) — Human with ties to Andooweel, a mysterious Coruscant-style mini-planet.
- Tark Malin (Robert) — Human who has obligation to make payments to a Hutt organization.
More later when I have a chance to write up further details. Let me know if I spelled anything wrong or messed up facts!